ASD is pleased to announce based on the positive feedback we received from schools that the ASD season will be resuming from 2 June with all preliminary rounds taking place online.
The following are the resumption dates for each grade:
- Advanced Open (Round 1) – Tuesday 2 June – 5:30pm/7:00pm
- Premier Advanced (Round 2) – Wednesday 3 June – 5:30pm/7:00pm
- Junior Open (Round 1) – Monday 8 June – 4:30pm
- Prepared Motion: This house would require all school students to play a team sport.
- Senior Open (Round 1) – Tuesday 9 June – 4:30pm
- Prepared Motion: This house would ban unpaid internships.
- Premier Junior (Round 2) – Wednesday 10 June – 5:30pm/7:00pm
All JO and SO debates will take place at 4:30pm, while AO, PJ and PA debates will take place at 5:30pm and 7:00pm.
The full calendar can be found here: http://
aucklandschoolsdebating.org. nz/index.php/home/ competitions/calendar-2020/
The tentative date for an in-person Auckland Regionals is currently the weekend of 5/6 September.
Based on feedback from teachers and host schools, all preliminary rounds of ASD will be taking place online. We intend to use the online debating platform Yaatly, an easy to use platform designed specifically for online debating. Students will be able to prepare and debate from their own home or they can debate from one location (e.g. at school or at someone’s house).
Further technical information will be released on this in the coming days.
A decision on break rounds will be made closer to the start of those rounds.
We understand that schools may have changes in student interest levels because of COVID and changes to the season structure.
All schools will need to reconfirm their team numbers using the following form: https://forms.gle/
Please complete this form by the following dates to allow us to organise the draw for each round:
- Thursday 28 May (9:00am) for AO/PA
- Saturday 30 May (9:00am) for JO/SO/PJ
We will be sending TICs a copy of their existing registrations to check later this week. If schools would no longer like to participate please let us know by email.
Due to costs incurred with our chosen online debating platform, fees will remain the same for 2020 as initially communicated to schools.
If your school has any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com