Catch Up Debates and Defaults
- All request to defer a debate to a catch up debate must be made 4pm the weekday prior (for Junior Open this will usually be the prior Friday at 4pm).
- Once a catch-up request has been received, that debate will no longer take place. Catch up requests can no longer be withdrawn.
- If the catch-up request is accepted, the debate will be deferred.
- If the catch-up request is declined, the team that requested the catch-up debate will be deemed to have defaulted with notice. The team that requested the catch-up debate can not withdraw their request for a catch up.
- Any defaults received after 2pm will be considered a default without notice.
- ASD will place a team’s status in the competition under review if they:
- Default once without notice
- Default twice with notice
- Default once without notice and once with notice
- A team under review will have 72 hours to explain why the default occurred. The committee may remove a team from the competition if the explanation is deemed to be unsatisfactory.
- Any team that defaults twice without notice will be automatically be removed from the competition.
- Catch-Up debates for Premier Advanced will be held during the next round of Premier Junior at the Premier Junior venue.
- Catch-Up debates for Premier Junior will be held during the next round of Premier Advanced at the Premier Advanced venue.
- Debates in Round 7 of Premier Junior can not be deferred.