Welcome to Auckland Schools Debating in 2016! We hope you have had an enjoyable break and are looking forward to the new year. In this post, we will provide information about the entry process for ASD this year, as well as introduce our committee for 2016.
Entries are open now and will close on Monday 22th February at 4pm. Please make sure to get your entries in before this date.
To enter teams, click on the button above this post which says “Click here to Register.”
Further details regarding the entry process can be found in the letter to Teachers in Charge of Debating which you should have received by email. If you have any questions about the entry process, please get in touch, email: email@example.com
If you have any questions throughout the year regarding any grades, feel free to call the relevant grade convener on the number below.
ASD Committee 2016
Hamish Saunders has stepped down as chairperson, but remains on the committee this year as our advisor. Lucy Harrison is our new chairperson. She has sat on the committee for the last three years so hopefully most of you have seen her around at some point.
Unfortunately as was mentioned at Prizegiving, Glen Holm-Hansen has left the committee after many years of service and Jessica Storey has also left ASD to focus on her University studies. In their place, we welcome two new committee members, Zavara Farquhar and Rhiannon Martin. Both are very involved in Auckland debating and have previous debated through ASD.
The committee for 2016 and their contact phone number is as follows:
- Chairperson, Lucy Harrison (027 345 4545)
- Premier Advanced Convener, Mitch Smitheram (021 256 8560)
- Premier Junior Convener, Callum Lo (027 779 7149)
- Advanced Open Convener, Jessica Palairet (021 499 143)
- Senior Open Convener, Zavara Farquhar (021 442 019)
- Junior Open Convener, Rhiannon Martin (021 268 5842)
Please note the following important dates in February:
- Training Night for Junior Open and Senior Open students, Tuesday 23 February, 6pm (venue TBC)
- Training Night for Advanced Open, Premier Junior and Advanced students, Thursday 25 February, 6pm (venue TBC)
- Teacher Adjudicator Seminar for Central and Western zones, Tuesday 1 March, 6 pm
- Teacher Adjudicator Seminar for Northern and Eastern zones, Wednesday 2 March, 6 pm.
- Teacher Adjudicator Seminar for Southern zone, Thursday 3 March, 6 pm